Read Aloud

Today I did my first read aloud to my first grade class, and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be!
I did well overall, but there were definitely some areas that I could work on.
I read Alan's Big Scary Teeth to my class and consistently asked questions on what they think might happen next, who the main character is and what they're feeling or how the other characters feel, etc. Although I do have a noisy and easily distracted group, my kids were very willing and engaged in our conversations.
My cooperating teacher thought I did really well but also gave me a good amount of information that I will keep in mind for next time, for example, not to be afraid to stop the discussion or reading when the kids get distracted or using more time for discussion, etc.
Overall, I'm glad I got to experience my first read aloud with my class and get some good feedback from my cooperating teacher.

Comments

  1. I did my read-aloud lesson to and it went better than i expected. It was a great experience to have as a future teacher.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Slice of Life

Thanksgiving Break